The wedding is an intriguing affair. It's a day that is precious to every girl since her childhood. Planning a perfect wedding requires a whole lot of tasks to be executed, from choosing a perfect venue, menu to finalizing the guest list. All this might take a lot of your time and you might tend to overlook the aspect that would make you look your best. It's your makeup. But worry not! ShowMyHall brings to you a few simple tips for a perfect bridal makeup. Simply follow these tips and you will look breathtakingly beautiful on your special day.Things to do
Things to avoid
- Make sure that your face is cleaned well before applying makeup. This will ensure a long-lasting look by removing any dirt or oil from your face.
- Moisturize your face at least 15 minutes before applying foundation. Apply it in circular motions and let it absorb into your skin.
- After moisturizer and before foundation, apply primer to ensure that the foundation applied on the skin gets a smooth finish. It will also let your makeup stay overnight.
- While applying blush, keep a constant smile and apply it in a circular motion. Blend it upwards towards the ears for a perfect finish.
- While you can always opt for a matching eye shadow with your lehenga, the safest to opt for is the golden eye makeup as it goes well with the lehenga or saree colors, be it red, green or fuchsia.
- Do not experiment with colourful eyeliners on your wedding day. Instead, opt for plain jet black eyeliner. Draw a thick line on the top eyelid and a bold line with a strong kajal on the lower eyelid. Applying volume-enhancing mascara will give you awesome, curly lashes, thus making them stand out.
- Never opt for smoky eyes and red lips. This combination can only go well for a ramp walk and not for a bride. A bride can always opt for 'smoky eyes with nude lips' or 'bright lips with nude/neutral eyes'.
- Do not experiment with your makeup on your big day. If you would like to experiment with your looks, do it before the wedding day so that there are no chances of any unusual happening.
- Do not go for the layers of the makeup. This will only make you look plastered in your photographs, sometimes making you look a piece of makeup.
- Never apply mascara before curling your lashes. This will definitely break your lashes.
- Do not test your makeup anywhere where there is fluorescent lighting above your head. Opt for a place and setting where there is still daylight outside.
Looking your best just takes a bit of consciousness and making sure that you are not overdoing anything. Keep everything in check and go for a trial at least three weeks before your wedding date. If your wedding date is just around the corner and you are looking for a makeup artist near to your home, browse through our website or contact us.